Southeastern Vermont Community Action (SEVCA) Job Posting
Planning & Development Director
SEVCA's Planning & Development Director (PDD) serves as the chief grantwriting, fundraising, planning, and public relations staffperson. The scope of the position includes:
1. Plans, develops, manages, and as needed, directly carries out grantwriting and fundraising activities, with particular focus on writing grants for, and raising unrestricted / flexible funds.
2. Identifies, develops, maintains, and cultivates donors and contacts for fundraising purposes.
3. Motivates, and provides training, support, and coordination to enable the SEVCA Board of Directors to effectively fulfill their fundraising and public relations roles.
4. Provides leadership, training, and support to enable staff to play effective roles in individual program and agency-wide grantwriting and fundraising.
5. Identifies, recruits, trains, and supports volunteers for fundraising activities.
6. Coordinates, conducts, and/or assists with public relations activities.
7. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of fundraising and public relations activities.
8. Assists with development of, and maintains agency website and social media activities.
9. Works closely with management to assess and meet the funding needs of existing programs, and on the feasibility of, and funding strategies for the development of new programs.
10. Coordinates, conducts, and/or assists with agency and community needs assessments.
11. Provides leadership for Strategic Planning, particularly related to fundraising & resource development.
Typical tasks and functions include:
1. Researching and identifying potential grant sources and writing / coordinating the preparation and submission of grant proposals and funding applications
2. Creating and implementing annual and long term fundraising plans
3. Managing the Annual Fund and other fundraising activities and events
4. Soliciting donations as appropriate
5. Exploring opportunities for planned giving and endowment funding
6. Maintaining records on donors, donations & agency contacts through the use of appropriate software
7. Preparing reports for donors, Executive Director, other senior managers, and Board members
8. Training Board members and volunteers on fundraising and public relations methods
9. Recruiting, training, supporting, and rewarding volunteers
10. Staying abreast of agency activities in order to tailor funding requests to current needs
The PDD will:
1. Have 5 yrs. relevant experience, especially grantwriting; knowledge of FR/PR sources & methods; ability to solicit donations; and strong communication, organizational & computer skills. Prefer: BA/BS in relevant field or equivalent experience-based education, and social media experience.
2. Demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and work of the agency and be able to articulate it to current and prospective donors and to the broader community.
3. Report directly to and be evaluated by the Executive Director.
4. Work with the Program Directors Team, volunteers, Board, and Board Fundraising / PR Committee.
5. Personify the highest values of the agency and its mission, and represent SEVCA accordingly in all public and social interactions.