Job Summary: Oversees, coordinates, and/or carries out all aspects of the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program in conjunction with the Economic Development Director (EDD) and partner agencies, including volunteer recruitment, training and supervision, outreach, site management, appointment scheduling, submission of return, and liaison with the IRS and other funding sources.
- Plans, develops, and implements systems, protocols, policies and procedures to effectively operate the VITA Program to provide high quality services and significant benefits for its participants.
- Establishes and maintains effective VITA Program oversight through regular training and communication with volunteers, other SEVCA staff, and partner organizations.
- Ensures that volunteers are meeting clients’ needs, operating efficiently, and providing accurate, thorough and high quality services.
- Receives and responds to questions and concerns regarding VITA and helps to solve problems.
- Works with EDD and partner organizations to create and implement publicity for the VITA Program.
- Explores options for opening new VITA sites in underserved communities and expansion of services at current sites.
- Ensures that all required monthly, quarterly, and annual paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Perform any other duties requested and/or approved by the EDD or Executive Director that are consistent with the functions of this position, Economic Development Department, and with the mission, goals, and priorities of SEVCA.
- Finance-related BA/BS and 3 years relevant experience, or 5 years’ experience without degree.
- Knowledge of income tax procedures / forms, and strong financial background.
- Ability to train, coordinate and supervise volunteers.
- Computer proficiency, especially with tax software and Excel.
- Strong spoken & written communication skills.
SEVCA’s Weatherization program has openings for full-time Crew Technicians. Some building experience is necessary. Qualified applicants will possess both an interest in and desire to work in older homes and must be prepared to learn constantly changing energy saving techniques. A valid driver’s license and good driving record are necessary. We offer competitive wages and an excellent benefits package. Click on the link above to print out our job application, or stop by our office at 91 Buck Drive, Westminster, VT to pick one up. Questions? For more information, call (802) 722-4575. EOE
SEVCA Windsor County Head Start is seeking dynamic early childhood professionals for the 2017-2018 program year who have a passion and commitment for working with young children. If you are interested in working in one of our classrooms, please send your resume, college transcripts, and three letters of reference to:
SEVCA Head Start
107 Park Street
Springfield, VT 05156
Lead Teacher (Springfield, White River Junction, and Windsor)
Teacher Associate (Windsor)
Teacher Assistant (White River Junction and Windsor)
Food Service Provider (Windsor)