As a response to growing concerns about COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and in order to keep community members and staff safe, SEVCA will revise program delivery for all programs, as follows: All requests for services and appointments will be handled strictly by telephone or other methods not requiring in-person contact, and all SEVCA offices and program sites will be closed to the public. Please click on a preferred department name for more information.
INFO ABOUT TELEPHONE APPOINTMENTS:
Phone calls from SEVCA may now be listed as coming from a 'PRIVATE' phone number. This MAY BE SEVCA: our staff our now working from home and will be returning calls from personal phone numbers which MAY appear as 'PRIVATE.'
Good Buy Thrift Stores are currently closed and services are available by appointment only.
Vouchers remain available. Please make an appointment with SEVCA Family Services if you have need of vouchers offered for service access. Once a voucher is issued, a Good Buy employee will schedule an appointment for a one-on-one service at a Good Buy location.
Donations are not accepted at this time.
SEVCA’s four Good Buy Thrift Stores offer a large selection of quality items at low prices: affordable clothing and shoes for the whole family, jewelry, toys, linens, tables, lamps, dressers, dishes, collectibles and holiday decorations can be purchased in our stores in Bellows Falls, Springfield, and White River Junction. Your purchases in our thrift store and donations of gently used goods help support our programs that provide critical services to low income residents in Windham and Windsor counties.
SEVCA "Good Buy" Thrift Stores - Operations & Community Services
As a result of operations, the thrift stores are able to contribute profits from sales to core agency support and programs.
This money is used to offset overhead costs and other program costs not covered by specific grant funding.
As sales continue to grow, we can thank the generosity of all those who provide the valuable donations which make these stores such a valuable resource to the communities we serve. SEVCA’s Good Buy Thrift Stores serve our surrounding communities as resale outlets for donated clothing and domestic goods.
These stores, along with providing much needed unrestricted income for SEVCA’s programs also provide a host of community services. Some of them include:
- Hundreds of vouchers are given away for clothing and household items to needy families.
- Stores work with local Health Care and Rehabilitative Services to provide a therapeutic training ground for people with developmental disabilities.
- “Vermont Associates” participants, a program for low income seniors are provided with jobs to supplement their social security benefits.
- Equipment such as canes and walkers are given to seniors when their insurance does not cover the cost of such items
- The Stores also provide a meaningful experience for local school children to complete their community service projects.