SEVCA offers NO COST Weatherization services for your home, apartment or mobile home whether you own or rent-
Applications currently being accepted for services to be offered this year.
(Westminster, VT, 3/9/2021) SEVCA currently has openings for no-cost weatherization services and is accepting applications. Some applicants will receive services this year. We provide complete weatherization services, from energy education to weatherization and energy retrofits. These free upgrades save money and help ensure a warm, comfortable, and safe home. Our expert staff can help you to improve your home's performance by offering:
- Home Energy Audits performed by a highly trained Energy Efficiency Auditor who will conduct a comprehensive home audit to determine what we can do to improve energy efficiency in the home.
- A comprehensive plan to weatherize your home that includes air sealing, insulating, duct sealing, improving heating and cooling systems, minor repairs and health and safety improvements.
- Energy efficiency upgrades on electric water heaters, lighting and old appliances through our partnership with Efficiency Vermont.
These services are available to Vermonters who meet income eligibility guidelines. Home owners and renters, including those in apartments and mobile homes are able to access this program. All household sizes may apply. For ex., eligibility for a household of two is about $50,000 per year and a household of 4 may be eligible with an income of about $63,000. Don’t hesitate to call as our program staff can help you to determine eligibility. More information about income eligibility is also available on our website. Services result in:
- Lower heating bills,
- Increased comfort in the home,
- Increased Health and safety, and
- Smaller carbon footprint and impact on the environment.
For information about SEVCA’s ongoing programs including programs that help community members to navigate the effects of COVID 19, including referral and access to applications for available supports, or to learn more about SEVCA’s no-cost Money Management and Vermont Matched Savings program, and/ or to make an appointment for our no-cost VITA tax prep services, you may visit our website, https://sevca.org/, or call to make an appointment, 800-464-9951.
Southeastern Vermont Community Action (SEVCA) was established in 1965 as part of the national War on Poverty to address the needs of low-income residents of Windham and Windsor Counties. In addition to providing the “safety net” for households in financial crisis, its services help them stabilize their lives, make their homes safe and energy-efficient, take strides toward becoming self-reliant, and enable their children to escape the generational poverty cycle. These goals are achieved through such programs as Family Services, Crisis Fuel and Housing Assistance, 3SquaresVT (Food Stamp) Outreach, Head Start, Weatherization, Home Repair, Small Business Support & Assistance, Financial Fitness Education, Matched Savings, Job Readiness Training, Tax Preparation Assistance, Thrift Stores, and Health / Recovery Navigation.
# # #