Save Money & Eat Well!

Working Vermonters with income under $55,952 may qualify to get a credit or refund on their taxes. It's called EITC, the Earned Income Tax Credit. You can get EITC even if you do not owe taxes.

Find out if you qualify for the federal and Vermont EITC by calling SEVCA to set up a FREE tax prep appointment with one of our IRS-certified volunteers. 

Or contact the IRS, 800-829-1040 or You can also dial 2-1-1, free from anywhere in Vermont, for information about free tax help services. 

If you receive the Vermont EITC and have children under 18 then you likely qualify for 3SquaresVT- a nutrition program that helps you buy more food. When kids get 3SquaresVT benefits, they also get free school meals. 

Apply now! Call SEVCA at 800-464-9951 OR Dial 2-1-1 OR visit

Not sure if you received the Vermont EITC?

Check your last tax return or call the VT Tax Department at 1-866-828-2865. 

grocery shopping 

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”

Margaret Mead