Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
Get Ready for Tax Year 2022
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA)
Beginning on January 30, 2023
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to anyone who makes $60,000 or less.
Locked Drop-Boxes will be at the following locations by January 27th, 2023:
• Windsor Resource Center, 1 Railroad Avenue, Windsor, VT 05089.
• SEVCA Main Office, 91 Buck Drive, Westminster, VT 05158.
• SEVCA Family Services Outreach Office, 15 Grove Street, Brattleboro, VT 05301.
You may also mail documents to: SEVCA, Attn: VITA Program, 91 Buck Drive, Westminster, Vermont 05158.
How to participate?
- There is no appointment required, scheduling is done by sign in logs at each Intake/Drop Off location.
- The Client’s tax returns will be prepared in the order that they were received; (First in First Out method).
- Client Tax Envelopes will be Date stamped by the date received and assigned to a Preparer in the order that they were received.
- All VITA tax clients will sign in with name, date dropped off, and contact information, best phone number to be reached as well as the best time to be reached.
- Emails are essential for contact as well in addition to the phone number.
- These appointment logs will be provided at each intake site drop off location on top of the intake drop-box & removed daily for security measures.
Intake/Drop Off Locations with a locked drop-boxes are located at the following sites:
Windsor Resource Center, 1 Railroad Avenue, Windsor, VT Monday thru Friday Hours 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
SEVCA, 91 Buck Drive, Westminster, VT Monday thru Friday Hours 10:00 am to 4:30 pm
SEVCA, 15 Grove Street, Brattleboro, VT Housing Resource Center - Monday 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm, Wednesdays 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm,
Fridays 9:00 am – 11:00 am
If unable to get to a site location, documents can be mailed to the following address only and added to the day’s log by received date.
Mailing address: SEVCA VITA TAX PROGRAM, 91 Buck Drive, Westminster, VT 05158
Documents to print: Intake Form 13614-C, Westminster Site Form, Windsor Site Form, Brattleboro Site Form, SEVCA Intake Form, VT Supplemental Form