For over 50 years, SEVCA has been a strong and critical piece of the safety net for our most vulnerable community members. Just as important, we've invested in their long-term success by enriching the lives of young children and their families through early education and support; repairing and insulating homes to create safe, habitable living conditions and save energy at the same time; and providing training and support to help people find jobs, further their education, or start their own business.
Our ability to accomplish this depends on all of us! Join SEVCA in making our community a strong, inclusive, and caring place for everyone by donating today. Read more about SEVCA and DONATE to our current year-end appeal, Build a Community of Caring.
This past year (Oct.1, 2015 to Sept. 30, 2016), SEVCA proudly served 4,003 households, consisting of 9,229 individuals.
- 781 households received $244,833 in crisis fuel assistance and 331 households received $146,733 in emergency housing assistance
- 1,321 households (2,940 individuals) received 8,217 diverse services from our Family Services program.
- 148 homes were weatherized with a total value of $1,869,557 and 98 homes received emergency heating system repairs or replacements valued at $168,045.
- 255 households claimed $182,513 in credits and refunds via tax preparation assistance.
- 102 families (418 individuals) received comprehensive early childhood development education & family support from our Head Start program.
- 16 homes received emergency home repairs valued at $32,682.
- 25 households increased their assets, earning a total savings match of $41,490 via the Individual Development Account program.
- 45 entrepreneurs received counseling & support for new or existing businesses.
- 350 households (1,119 individuals) received help to access affordable health insurance through the Health Navigator program.
- 414 households obtained $16,821 in free clothing and furniture from our Thrift Stores.
- 23 individuals in our Ready for Work program benefitted from comprehensive job readiness education and support.
- 24 individuals received training to help them reach their financial goals in our Financial Fitness program.